>> Wednesday, December 07, 2011
If you're a long-time "Steve in a Speedo" reader, you know that I love Roctane Gu. In my post on race day nutrition, I mentioned the things I like to use before (and during) races, and Roctane is ALWAYS a "go to" for me.
Roctane "residue" left between my 2 pairs of shorts after cramming
an empty Roctane pack "all up in there" during a duathlon - don't litter! :)
Light tasting, carbohydrate-dense Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Drink provides athletes easily available energy with the superior rehydration combination of sodium and potassium. Taurine, Caffeine, and the proven Roctane Amino Acid Blend provide extra energy, reduce muscle damage and maintain mental focus, while Beta-Alanine augments muscle buffering capacity and performance to help athletes meet their goals.
In short, Roctane Drink is essential for any athlete striving to sustain peak performance through their endurance pursuits.
Here's the catch: I haven't reviewed this drink mix yet. There are currently only 29 tubs of this in existence, and the people at Gu want one of my readers (not me) to be among the first to try it out!
And on top of that, they also want to give that same reader of mine a Gu Sampler Pack! Here's the sampler pack I got a year ago:
Open, with all the gels on top...
...and the Brew and Chomps under the gels
Follow these steps to enter:
(all you REALLY need to do is comment, but you can earn an extra entry by tweeting)
• Step 1 (optional): to earn +1 extra entry: if you follow me and follow Gu on twitter and send out the following tweet, I'll throw your name in the hat TWICE! Tweet this for an extra entry:
Check out @SteveinaSpeedo's blog for a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW @GUEnergyLabs Roctane Drink giveaway! - http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/
(If you already follow me and Gu on twitter, you still earn an extra entry for sending out the tweet.)
• Step 2: comment on this post to be entered, and make sure to tell me if you "earned" an extra entry! For example: “Hey Steve, this John Smith from Topeka. I followed you guys on twitter and sent out the tweet, so put my name in the hat twice! Thanks!” If you DIDN'T tweet for an extra entry, just comment! Even a comment saying "poopy butt" will officially get you entered. Really. Feel free to "test" me on this. :)
• Step 3: check back to see if your a winner! I'll announce the winners sometime over THIS weekend (Dec 10 or 11th). It's EXTRA important to stop back if you’re not a blogger, because I have no way of contacting you! The contest is open NOW through 6 pm (central time) on Thursday, Dec 8th. (That's only a 36 hour window people! Comment and/or tweet NOW!!) At that point, I'll print out all the entries, give extra numbers to those who earned extra entries, and then choose one at random by a random number generator, drawing numbers out of a hat, or other random selection process.
- Contest only open to residents of the US and Canada. Sorry Taiwan.
- You may comment now (on THIS post) through 6 pm Central time on Thurs, Dec 8th.
- The winners will be chosen at random by a random number generator or by drawing numbers out of a hat. If you’ve earned multiple entries, you will get multiple numbers assigned to your name, thus bettering your chances at winning.
- Check back Saturday or Sunday (Dec 10 or 11) to see if you won! (Especially if you don’t have a blogger account because I have no way of contacting you.)
- If I can't get in touch with a winner within 2-3 days, I'll choose a new winner. So check back!
One final big THANKS to the people at the Gu for the goodies for this giveaway!
Roctane Ultra Endurance Energy Drink
(How can you NOT love something that has the words "Ultra Endurance Energy" in it?!?)
Gu Sampler Pack
- My "Does It Work" post about Roctane Gu
- My "I Use This" post on race day nutrition