First Christmas and Henry's LONGEST Run!

>> Monday, December 19, 2011

On Saturday, Henry had his first "Stenzel Christmas!" We headed down to hang out with my folks and my sister's family. Here are 5 quick photos:


Henry and cousin Bree.


The 3 cousins!


Henry's onesie exploded with a full diaper after a nap!


Quick stopping off to see Pharmie's Mom on the way home!


ZONKED out after a long day.

Then yesterday, I just HAD to take Henry for a run. It was over 40 degrees in Minnesota the week before Christmas - how can a runner NOT take advantage of that!! Here's a photo from the trail on my run:


A brown Christmas - I'LL TAKE IT!!

In fact, the Mississippi was LESS ice-covered this week! Here's what it looked like from the Franklin Ave Bridge LAST week:


Dec 11, 2011

And here's what it looked like yesterday on my run - there's LESS ice!


Dec 18, 2011

Henry and I ran ALL over the place! I wanted to go on a long run, and I had hoped that Henry would cooperate. Here he is loaded-up at home as we got ready to go:



He only stayed awake for about 1.5 miles, and then he slept the rest of the way! Here he is at the end of the run:



And we had one heck-a-va run! It wasn't fast. My hammies felt weak. My feet were sore. But we ran for 100 minutes - all over Minneapolis! Here's a map of where we ran, and Pharmie laughed and said it looked like "Family Circus" when they show where the boy ran all over:


All. Over. The. Place.

This route had few of my "normal" mile-markers, so I had no idea how fast Henry and I were running. I was hoping that we covered about 13.1 miles, but mapping it out post-run, I found out we covered 14.29 miles! That made this Henry's longest run ever! (It was 14.29 miles in 1:40:51, or about 7:03 / mile pace - nothing fantastic, but just a good run with my son!) Thanks for tagging along, Henry!

Back with the announcement of the winners of the Feed Zone Cookbook tomorrow! Check back! Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

TriMOEngr 6:26 AM, December 19, 2011  

Never tire of Henry shots! Christmases will be extra special from here on out! (well, until he gets to the "all I want is really expensive stuff you'll never buy" stage) Fantastic long run! It has been wierd to see no ice on the Missouri River here yet. The floes look cool even if I could do without the cold weather.

Born To Endure 7:17 AM, December 19, 2011  

Cute..his first Christmas coming up!

Carolina John 7:39 AM, December 19, 2011  

It's good to see the family for the holidays! I've been waiting for this week all year long.

SteveQ 10:18 AM, December 19, 2011  

7:03 pace is "nothing special?" Even without the baby and not in Minnesota in the winter, that's impressive.

The Triathlon Rx 1:39 PM, December 19, 2011  

I kid you not... Henry has the CUTEST wardrobe of any not-yet-1-year-old I know. Or of pretty much any tater tot age kid I know. Note to self: remember Steve's advice... friends give clothes at baby shower.

Unknown 8:10 AM, December 20, 2011  

seriously, he is so stinkin cute!
the explosion of the onesie is just awesome. frame it

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.