>> Sunday, February 27, 2011
On Friday, I got to tour the work-in-progress that is Urban Tri. Todd Olson, an "online buddy", is getting ready to open the Twin Cities' newest tri store in a few weeks.
Todd and I first officially met after he did LTF Tri in 2009. And if you have a good memory, he was the one I mentioned at the end of my 2010 TC 10 Mile race report - Todd was working in the Media Tent for the TC 10 Mile and TC Marathon, and was the first to congratulate me on my sub-60 10 mile (and he told me not to barf in front of the media tent - ha!).
Here's the storefront at 50th and Bryant in Minneapolis that still says "Ahrendt Carpet Company:"
Some of the main-floor retail space.
Inventory starting to arrive as the space is still coming together.
Part of the basement: the bike shop area.
BTW, below are a few more recent Examiner articles of mine. Feel free to follow the St. Paul Triathlon Examiner on Facebook to get local tri-related updates in your FB Feed.
• Life Time Fitness is hosting another Ride of a Lifetime - a world-record breaking spin class.
• The MDRA published their results of the Best Race in Minnesota (as voted by distance runners).
• There's a brand new triathlon in St. Paul with a point-to-point Mississippi River swim!
• The unveiling of the sweet 2011 TC Marathon poster.
• The USATF MN Runners of the Year.
Back with a new giveaway in the next few days! Happy Sunday!