The Plan

>> Monday, August 31, 2009

Here’s my no-taper plan for the week. Sunday’s race isn’t an “A” race for the year, so I’m just using it as a stepping-stone on the way to the TC 10 Mile in 5 weeks.

Monday: Lift weights and core work. Done.

Tuesday: Intervals on the track with Julia. She’s doing a “ladder” workout, and I think I’ll do 3 or 4 1600s. I think my heel is up for longer intervals - short, hard intervals would be tough on it. [I’ll post photos post-run.]

Wednesday: Open water swim with Julia. Then lift and core work. The pool at the Y is closed for cleaning. That means more OWSs. So be it. [I’ll post photos post-swim.]

Thursday: Long(ish) run. Maybe 6. Maybe 7. Maybe 8. Whatever it is, I’ll be pushing the tempo.

Friday: Light lift and light core work.

Saturday: Rest.

Sunday: LAST OLYMPIC TRIATHLON OF THE YEAR! Pharmie and I will be doing the St. Croix Valley Triathlon in Hudson, WI. I MIGHT be in PR shape for the swim, but my biking and running won’t be quite where they were for the Liberty Oly earlier this year. So no overall Oly PR. But I’ll race hard, have a good time, and cheer on Pharmie! Should be fun! (as always!)

6 comments:

trimybest 9:23 PM, August 31, 2009  
This comment has been removed by the author.
trimybest 9:24 PM, August 31, 2009  

good luck! i bet you get a pr anyways.

p.s. i cant decide if i should have you or pharmie strip me in madison....i guess i will let you two fight over it! ;O)

Ryan 6:59 AM, September 01, 2009  

Question: What track are you using? I've been having spotty luck with St Thomas, now that football practice is going on. In fact, I'm having spotty luck with most tracks for the same reason.

Just curious, I've got track tonight too.

Carolina John 8:18 AM, September 01, 2009  

looks like a strong plan steve! Good luck at the oly.

X-Country2 9:29 AM, September 01, 2009  

My money says you PR. :o)

B.o.B. 9:48 AM, September 01, 2009  

that is a busy week sir. good luck to you and pharmie!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.