4 x 1600

>> Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I got up this morning and met Julia at the track. She was going to do a “ladder” interval workout: 400, 800, 1200, 1600, 1200, 800, 400. I wanted to do 4 x 1600 with 90 seconds rest. And we both followed our plans.

When Julia showed up, she said that she just stopped to talk to David Thompson (rockstar local triathlete who I MIGHT have a man-crush on) who was running on Summit, so she said that this photo would show her “just-got-to-touch-David-Thompson-glow.” Nice one Julia.



We were off and running. Here’s Julia doing her second interval (her 800):


Sporting the “hot pepper” sports bra!

You might know what usually happens to me when I try to do 4 1600s - many times I call it quits after 3. But with Julia doing a longer interval workout, I knew I had nothing to do but to get in 4. Number 3 sucked because I WANTED to be done, but I KNEW another one would be good for me. Here were my splits:

5:32 (2:43, 2:49)
5:29 (2:44, 2:45)
5:27 (2:44, 2:43)
5:27 (2:42, 2:45)

5:28.75 / 1600 average

My times were good and they were pretty consistent. But the MOST IMPORTANT THING was that I was able to get my puny ass out there for a 4th 1600 - THAT was the key to the workout! And I was able to get that 4th interval done because Julia was out there with me. Thanks for the workout, Julia!

Shortly after I finished, while Julia still had a few intervals left, I snapped this beat-up photo of me:


Oh hi, Vein of Approval! Nice to see you!

Julia wrapped up, we walked through campus, she jogged back to her car, and I jogged home. I quick showered and grabbed my stuff to get to class. On the drive to school, I had a 2 day old “5 for 5 dollars” Arby’s roast beef sandwich that had been sitting in our fridge since Sunday:



OWS tomorrow morning with Julia! Hope it’s as good as today’s workout!

10 comments:

Jennifer Harrison 12:15 PM, September 01, 2009  

You DID NOT end that AWESOME track workout with that garbage!!!? AHHHH! great work (apart from the fast food). Man, warming up, clean eating....just imagine!

Hahahaha

NICE work to you and Julia!

Jennifer P 12:18 PM, September 01, 2009  

I can barely get through 2 ladders, never mind 4. Good on ya.

Kim 12:23 PM, September 01, 2009  

julia's sports bra cracks me up. nice job with the track workout. i cant believe you ate that ole arbys roast beef - i would have bought a new fresh hot one :)

duchossois 1:23 PM, September 01, 2009  

Great workout. I usually do 3 x 1 mile, but I might try a fourth next time.

GoBigGreen 2:28 PM, September 01, 2009  

Where was that one of me doubled over throwing up? I think you need to post that one. Ha, kidding. Thanks for cheering for me and telling me nicely "ALL OUT" instead of the "GET IN THE PAIN LOCKER YOU SANDBAGGER." I appreciate it. See you tommorrow!

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 2:49 PM, September 01, 2009  

How can you work out so good and eat that arbys "roast beef"? Do you know how that is made?? Haahaa...

Regina 3:47 PM, September 01, 2009  

4x 1600's with those times; impressive.

That Arby's sandwich; not so impressive.

Ryan 3:47 PM, September 01, 2009  

I see, run in the MORNING!

Gah, why didn't I think of that?

Oh, yeah, 'cause I'm bright eyed and at work at 6:30 am.

It wasn't even light out this morning, when I got to work...

The Boring Runner 10:01 AM, September 02, 2009  

Arbys pretty much rocks my face off. Nice work on the extra 1600. Having someone else there always helps.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.