Thanks Everyone!

>> Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wow! You guys had a lot of good suggestions on ways to track my workouts. Jen and Stephen sent me their Excel spreadsheets that they use to track their own workouts. And those spreadsheets are IMPRESSIVE! I’ve never seen something so anal, nerdy, type-A awesome!

Many of you suggested A LOT of great things to try - too many for me to try out. From what I've been hearing, I think I’m going to try these over the next weeks and months:

buckeyeoutdoors.com
beginnertriathlete.com
dailymile.com
an Excel spreadsheet


And I think I’ll try trainingpeaks.com before anything else. Two bloggers that I personally know, Jeremy and Julia, both suggested trainingpeaks.com, and I trust the hardcore training of those 2!!

So, I’ll try an Excel spreadsheet and those 4 websites, and I’ll report back in a while. I want to have something nailed down well before the New Year so I can be ready to track my workouts better in 2010.

(If you want to see more suggestions for ways to track your workouts/runs/etc, check the comments of the previous post. And thanks to EVERYONE for their suggestions!! They’re coming out of the woodwork!)

5 comments:

mthead 10:59 PM, August 27, 2009  

excel is my tool. I have ten years of training. these days I have 3 columns, one for running, one for swimming, one for cycling, and at the top I have a running totoal. I also use the pretty graphs and when you have a few years you can do grpahs that show year over year over year.

Christopher Hawes 4:49 AM, August 28, 2009  

I have used an Excel spreadsheet to track everything from my run, bike, and swim in racing and training, my weight, and my goals. I also have a coach who post my workouts through Training Peaks and I post my results of workouts and races in Training Peaks. I like using both of them.

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 7:25 AM, August 28, 2009  

Well, whatever you choose to do...I'm sure you will be even more satisfied with your overall results with tracking them! At least now you have plenty of back-up options if one of the others don't work out.

Cheers!

The Boring Runner 5:19 PM, August 31, 2009  

Keep us posted. I go back and forth on this, but I may try buckeye out. I just need soemthing that is quick, fast, and painless. I want to spend my time looking at fun graphs - not forcing data into an online tool.

Anonymous,  11:05 AM, September 14, 2010  

I use Buckeye as well, tried training peaks and some others, but just started using a Garmin Forerunner. I have found that when I upload workouts from the device to Garmin Training Center and Connect, those stats are the same, but when I sync it with Buckeye, the stats are WAY WAY off. Not sure of why, so I think I might just stick with the Garmin Apps.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.