5:00 a.m. Christmas Run

>> Monday, December 30, 2013

I woke up early at my parent's house and couldn't get back to sleep on Christmas morning. Pharmie went back home Christmas Eve in a snowstorm with her sister's family because she had to work on Christmas, but Henry and I stayed at Grandma's house another 2 nights to celebrate Christmas with a lot more family.

So I headed out for a quick run at 5 a.m. after a snowstorm on Christmas morning. I didn't have any reflective gear, but you can see lights coming for MILES if you go running in the country in southern Minnesota. When I got out to the main highway, my view 3 miles back towards town looked like this:


A little glow from my hometown of just over 2,000 people.

And the other direction looks off towards nothingness:


Really, that's looking straight down the highway.

I had nearly a 3 mile run - my longest since early Sept! Here's the view looking back down my parents snow-covered driveway with my footprints in the fresh snowbank (heading towards the machine shed) from when I left on my run:




A snowplow went by a few minutes after I finished running (as I was still walking).

Since then, I've had another run where I was able to go from 17 minutes of running to 20 minutes of running. I'm REALLY close to 3 miles of constant running now! Hopefully, by the end of this week I'll be running over 3 miles at a time!

Back with BIG NEWS soon!!! Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

3 comments:

it's all about pace 9:36 AM, December 30, 2013  

Nice!

glad to hear that you are back "on your feet"

Anonymous,  10:41 AM, December 30, 2013  

Pharmie is pregnant again, wohoo!!

Steve Stenzel 3:14 PM, December 30, 2013  

Close Anon… but that's not it. ;) Big news tomorrow!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.