Mexico Trip with My Family!

>> Wednesday, March 01, 2023

It’s been over a month, but I FINALLY got to this. Here are some photos from our trip to Mexico. I posted about it in a quick post in January, then I posted about some mile repeats while I was there, and finally I shared some workouts while in Mexico. But here's just a ton of photos from that week:


At the airport.


Airplane selfie!


Buckled in with his hedgehog world traveler.


In the van in Mexico with my niece (who I was planning on picking on alllll week).


Van selfie!


At the ocean in time for the sunset behind Ixtapa Island.


First meal at our resort: an already devoured tamale and a bunch of tacos.


My family and my sister’s family.


We found a tiny visitor in our room! (Those are 1” tiles!)


I caught him and released him on our balcony.


Asleep before I could hit the lights.


View from our balcony. The lights over the ocean right in the middle
is one of the “fancier” restaurants that we’d be eating at in a few days.


Playing in the ocean after breakfast on day 2.


Ixtapa Island from our balcony.


Wave jumping! (The ocean is quite clear,
but there’s a lot of slit stirred up close to shore.)








Looking for crabs and shells with my niece and nephew.


A TINY hermit crab.


Sandy.


Henry about to be nailed...


... as he’s being nailed.


In the pool with Grandma!


Henry tried archery, but he wasn’t strong enough to shoot properly.


Here’s my Dad! We did a round with bro-in-law Dave and my nephew Ian.
I think Dave won and I was close behind in 2nd.


Family selfie at lunch time.


Not a bad lunch view!


The crocs down the beach!

A few of us headed down the beach (past the crocs) to a little massage place. It’s $20 for an hour! The funny thing was that the market right behind the massage place had just been moved as they are adding a more “official” parking lot. So part way through our massages, a vibrating steam roller fired up just FEET from the back of the massage tent. Dave and I both joked that it was a special “vibrating table” feature that we got for free. Here’s the view right after our massages in the little tent, and you can see how close the steam roller is behind it:




Back at the pool!


My cutie.


Dressed up for a nice dinner.


I don’t really drink, but I had LOTS to drink at our resort.
They make the drinks weak and sweet, which is PERFECT for me.


Sunset from a window at dinner.






Flaming coffee drinks for 3 at our table.


Family photo after dinner!


My folks and the grandkids!


On a catwalk between hotel buildings with my cutie.


Passed out QUICKLY. Again.




Breakfast on day 3!


That same cutie as we were headed down the beach to Ixtapa Island.


On the island! That’s Bree and Henry.




My sis with a tropical drink.


My Mom!


All 3 ladies and their drinks.


The beach is pretty much all tiny coral pieces.


Exploring on the island with the boys.






The “shell” of a crab.


Some sort of sea slug squirming around.


Ian in the water with some fish!






Selfie with Mom as we got ready to leave!

I have a video with more from snorkeling that I’ll have to share soon. We took our boat ride back to the mainland (it was less than $5/person for the round-trip ticket), and we found our room nicely cleaned with the couch made up nicely for the boys:




Homework in a common area where there’s wi-fi. (With a Bahama Mama.)


Late afternoon sun.






Supper. (One of many plates.)


A scrawny raccoon looking for goodies outside the restaurant.


Mom and Dad!


Breakfast quesadillas over the pool!


A break to play soccer.


Lines on the beach.


A cousin tower.




Nap time.


Hard time waking up.


This cutie.


Sunset on the beach after a supper at the steakhouse.




That yacht in the background was HUGE.
Supposedly one of the richest families in Mexico.


Beach selfie.


Bree dancing on the beach.


We worked our way over by the rocks where we started finding lots of crabs.


A big fella! (Lit by flashlights.)

When Henry had lots of baseball games this past summer, we would often stop at a Mexican bakery if he had a game in that neighborhood of St. Paul. Charlie decided his favorites were these little cream filled sandwich things. He was thrilled to find them out for breakfast one morning in Mexico:




My sister’s family ready to kayak out to the island behind them.




Doing some photography reading by the pool.


Mini golf!


Oily chest hair after another beach massage
(hut in the background on the left).




Walking past the crocs again.




I came back to find my wife and sis watching the kids in the ocean.


These kids. :)


Sunset selfie.




Tacos and a blended mojito.


Waffles for breakfast.


Heading back out to the island and chatting with Ishmael.


On the ride out: everyone but Mom and Dad.


On the island.


Exploring some short paths on the island.




Dave with some Corona.


Selfie with Cokes!




A lizard on a tree on the island.


Another one.


We found some snake skin (or lizard skin).


Downtime in the room after getting back.


Another 10th floor sunset.

On this night (Friday), we got ready for the “festival” that happens every week. It’s a big outdoor buffet with a show about Mexico’s history. We got there early to find our favorite waiter (Gigi!), and I snapped some pics as we waited to get in:


Mom and Dad!


Henry and me!


Beef and tacos.


Tasty fried desserts!




Breakfast on our last full day.








Babe.


Hanging out in the pool.


The kids (and my sis) got ready to parasail!!


Charlie and my sister were the first to go.


That’s Charlie up there!


My sister!


Bree getting ready to go.


Bree in the air!


Henry’s turn!


That’s Henry!


And finally Ian!


Ian again.


Back in the pool.




Iguanas in a cage near our resort.




Out to eat at the Oyster Bar for my sister’s 40th birthday!


Sis’s family.


My family (in shades).


My family (without shades).


The crew!


My sister’s family again.


The OGs.


With the kids.


Two drinks with my meal. (For a non-drinker, I think I
had 29 adult beverages over our week-long stay!)


Sunset at the Oyster Bar is great!


Toasting my sister and the trip!






Happy birthday sis!


Partied out.


Selfie on the walk back.




Final breakfast!


This cutie!






View of our crew in the pool from our balcony.


Saying goodbye to the pools.


Henry with a few final looks.


Re-creating a goofy photo from 4 years ago!


This was the photo they had just re-created (from this post in 2019).


Mom and Dad stayed an extra week, but here's the rest of us heading to the airport.


A lady offered to take our photo.


Tiny airport bathroom selfie.

Here's PART ONE and PART TWO from our last trip to this spot in Mexico in 2020 (just before the pandemic struck), and as I linked above under the photo of the kids with the fake croc, here's photos from our 2019 trip.

Back with a video shortly. Thanks again for the fun trip, Mom and Dad!!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  1:33 PM, March 03, 2023  

Damn Steve, Pharmie is a MILF! She is one beautiful cat

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.