February's Training in Review

>> Saturday, March 18, 2023

Consistent again! Here's what February looked like in my training log:



Nothing really stands out as GREAT or HORRIBLE here... just decent all around training:

• SWIM: 11,100 yards (a BIT more than normal as my Tues swim was on Thurs to start the month)
• TRAINER TIME: 10 hrs 37 mins
• RUN: 92.20 miles
• STRENGTH TIME: 40 hrs 4 mins

Looking at the last 14 months (all of 2022 through Feb of 2023):

- Feb was my BIGGEST month in the pool (all because of that extra swim day) which was just ahead of last October when I swam more as I was resting my legs after the TC 10 Mile and then the Minneapolis Halloween Half Marathon.

- I had 11 bigger months of trainer time (but both of the smaller months were the last few months as I'm not biking as much because I started hitting the pool again). Also that flip-flopped Tue/Thur swim/trainer knocked out another 90 mins of trainer time, and that would have put me right in the middle at my 7th biggest month over the last 14 months.

- I had 9 bigger months of running, but anything in the 90s is good! (For reference, of all those 14 months except 3 have been within 10 miles higher or lower of February's 92 miles - 2 were higher at 105 and 107 miles, and 1 was lower at 80 miles. So I'm right in my normal range.)

- And I only had 4 bigger months of strength time.

After an odd end to January as I had a week in Mexico followed by a long weekend in Florida, I started off on a good foot with a nicely "normal" and consistent week in February. Even though my trainer time was nothing special for the month, I DID have my 2nd longest trainer ride ever in February! (I kept calling it my longest one, but I forgot about riding 2 hrs and 13 mins last year on my 41st birthday to equal about 41 miles.) But then I also had a swim that beat me up. But then a decent set of intervals on the treadmill! (I'm always HOT or COLD with my training it seems.) I had 2 solid weeks to end Feb (and start March), and then I ended the month with a fast treadmill run. I also hit some step goals for the month (and I'm still on my way to doing it this month as well, and then I might drop it).

Back with a bit more about last weekend's 5000 meters on Monday. Happy weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.