A February of Garmin Goals

>> Saturday, March 04, 2023

My brother-in-law Matt (the one I went to Florida with recently) challenged me to a weekly "steps" challenge on Garmin around Thanksgiving. For the previous 11 months or so, I'd just been using my Garmin while running and biking - I only put it on for activities that needed to be tracked. But I obviously left it on for that challenge, and it was kinda fun.

(I beat him the first week, and then he re-challenged me and I beat him again... I think my Monday morning long runs depressed him right off the bat as when he woke up to start the week with 0 steps, I was already at 15,000 steps. Oops.)

I've been wearing it ever since.

At the end of my "Mexico workouts" post from last month, I shared a few Garmin screenshots of steps and floors climbed. Notice I ended January with a few days under 10,000 steps at the bottom of that post.

Well, I kept February above 10,000 steps each day! Just for the challenge of it. And it required some evening treadmill walks a few times. I stay plenty active, but it's not necessarily STEPS. The 3 days each week that I run, I have no problem hitting 10,000. Tuesday when I swim, I can pretty easily hit it as well as I have a lot of walking to do to get to and from the pool. Thursday is a BIT trickier as my main workout is just on the trainer in the basement (no walking required), but I also teach a few classes on Tues and Thurs, so I get in extra steps at school.

But the weekend is a real crapshoot - if we're not going anywhere, I might just go for a long trainer ride, but only walk 6-7,000 steps if I weren't making "steps" a goal.


The past 52 weeks which clearly show when I started wearing it 24/7.
That biggest week in January was walking a lot in Mexico!


On a 32 day streak! Today will be 33 if I get my steps in.

Four of the 5 biggest days were my long run days, and that 5th biggest day near the middle of that last graph was a day spent at an indoor water park last month. Lots of steps! :)

We'll see what March holds, but I'm going to try to hit a 60 day steps streak to earn that "badge" through Garmin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.