Putting my Purple Ankle to Work

>> Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Even though I badly sprained my ankle on Thursday, there was stuff I needed to get done this weekend. Here's what we did:

On Friday, Henry and I got a load of dirt from the compost site:


This was taken from my perspective - he was about 8 feet up.


Using the scrub brush to get under his nails after playing in the dirt.


This is from a few days earlier - this is what we needed dirt for. We need to back-fill
around 3 sides of our garage that was built last fall. And we hope to put in some
narrow raised veggie gardens on this side once we get it all cleaned up.

On Saturday, I hopped in the pool for Henry's swim lessons:


Working on his front crawl (with a turtle).


Hamming it up in the shallows.



Then I iced my ankle and took some drugs during Henry's nap:


Ibuprofen, computer, ice around ankle, and Ella being crowded out by my feet.


Ella doesn't care for my feet invading her personal space.

Finally, on Sunday, we rented a truck from Menards and filled it up twice with compost to backfill around our garage and get ready for 2 gardens:


Loading dirt with Henry. Do you know how many shovels full of dirt it takes
to fill up the back of a pick up? Like, more than 25. Possibly more than 40.


Henry always wanted me to bury his feet.


Pharmie moved some dirt around in the truck once I chucked it there. (She's wearing a mask
just as a precaution - there's some stuff in dirt that pregnant woman shouldn't be breathing in.)


Muddy shoes by the side door.

Henry and I stepped out twice on Monday to pick up rocks, twigs, pinecones, trash, etc from all the dirt we hauled the day before. (We'll have to do that a few more times - it's great compost, but there's some extra junk in it.) After doing that and raking it level, here's what it all looks like:


Back of garage from neighbor's back yard. We have 3 feet of property along this side,
and we're going to be making skinny raised veggie beds to go along here!


Looking east (towards the house) from the north side of the garage. We'll extend the grass
a few feet, and plant an herb garden in the middle of this. (You can see chives coming up.)


My sexy sexy sexy ankle after working outside a bit with Henry yesterday.

If you missed yesterday's post, scroll down or click here to see the first few days of my swollen and purple ankle.

Oh, and 1 final Henry update: he's now been in his "big boy bed" for over 2 weeks. He fell out around 1 a.m. on his 2nd night, and he fell out again about a week ago. We have a pillow tucked under the fitted sheet on the edge, and that helps. Here he is just before I had to wake him up after a nap last week:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.