Big Ol' Purple Ankle

>> Monday, April 14, 2014

Thursday night:

ME TO MY WIFE: "You just put Henry to bed. I can move the couch to the curb. No problem. I got this."

LIFE TO ME: "Ha ha, yeah right."


Purple, and double in size. Super. Just super.

That was taken Friday afternoon about 18 hours after trying to move the couch. I DID get the couch to where it needed to be to get picked up by the trash guys, but it was as I was fine tuning it's placement so my wife would be able to get her car out of the garage that I step/twisted funny while lifting it and felt/heard a pop.

Here's a photo a few hours later on Friday night (24 hours after hurting it):



And here's what it looked like 48 hours after injuring it:


Bruising moving farther up my leg, still swollen as hell. Fan-freaking-tastic.

And here's what it looked like yesterday - 3 days after hurting it and after spending most of the morning doing yard work:


Lots more bruising all over the gosh-darn place, and lots of edema.

So needless to say, I didn't do that bike/run/bike/run/bike/run/bike/run workout on Saturday. I'll be taking some time off from running and biking (and probably swimming). I've been icing it, raising it as much as I can, and taking lots of ibuprofen for it's anti-inflammatory qualities as directed by my pharmacist wife.

But life goes on. I can't rest it as much as I'd like. We did a lot of yard work yesterday, and I'll be back with photos of that soon. Time to ice before Henry gets up.

1 comments:

Terry 7:55 PM, April 14, 2014  

@#$#*^#@!!!!

Sorry, been there myself in fall 2011.

I found you looking for grandma's race reports, btw.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.