Week of Workouts

>> Sunday, March 22, 2009

Monday:
- Lift weights (upper body)
- Core


Notes: Then, Pharmie and I got a massage in the afternoon! It was my birthday present!

Tuesday: BRICK!
- 60 mile bike (18.4 mph average)
- 6 mile run (in 39:14)


Notes: I posted photos and details of this BIG day last week. Click here if you missed the post.

Wednesday:
- Core


Thursday:
- Swim 2,200 yards (in 38:53)
- Lift weights (upper body)


Notes: The swim was half-Ironman distance. It was slower than I would have liked (last week, I posted about 3,000 yards that I did in under 1:43/100; this swim was shorter, but slower too: 1:46/100). I may still have been a little fatigued from the big brick to days before. Still, I’m hoping this means I can keep my half-IM swim in open water somewhere around 40 minutes. We’ll see (IN 2 WEEKS!!!).

Friday:
- Run 11.0 in 1:14:11


Notes: Like my 8 miler last week, I didn’t want to go TOO hard and hurt myself. I ran it around 85-90% of effort. It was chilly and rainy: the EXACT same conditions as when I first hurt my achilles 11 months ago on a 10 mile run. So I planned on doing 8, and I figured I’d add more on to the end if I still felt OK.

I ran the first 5 miles with a 7:03/mile average. After 8 miles, my overall average was down to 6:53. I tacked on 3 more miles for a total of 11, and finished with a 6:44 / mile average. Nice run. Oh, and it was only supposed to rain for a few minutes (according to the weather guy), but it rained the whole time! I was soaked 2 miles into the run. Here I am after finishing:



I had to have my wind-breaker zipped up all the way or the freezing rain (which turned to sleet for a while) would have been too cold. I was pretty sweaty under my little coat:


(Yes, I'm wearing a cotton shirt. No, I don't know why...)

Saturday:
- Lift weights (upper body AND legs)
- Core
- Leg exercise (from my old PT)


Sunday:
- Off!


Notes: We’ve actually been working on remodeling our guest room over this past week, and we’re trying to get that nearly wrapped up. Back to painting!!

I’ll be back tomorrow with the results of the “Tales of a Virgin Athlete” Contest! That sure was FUN!!

13 comments:

Molly 4:40 PM, March 22, 2009  

Sounds like a good solid week! Can't believe NO is only 2 weeks away - you guys will do great!

teacherwoman 4:46 PM, March 22, 2009  

Wow. YOu are really cranking out those workouts! Nice job!

Trishie 5:10 PM, March 22, 2009  

Looks like you had a great training week, Steve !

I Run for Fun 6:55 PM, March 22, 2009  

Wow! You are really hard core!

Judi 7:44 PM, March 22, 2009  

steve, your times are going to be so good! i am excited for you!

Michelle 8:28 PM, March 22, 2009  

Great week of working out!! I am in awe of your ability!!!

X-Country2 8:56 PM, March 22, 2009  

The countdown is on! Looks like another great week.

Amy 3:21 AM, March 23, 2009  

yes, a massage! I am SUPER jealous!

Missy 6:34 AM, March 23, 2009  

Wait, the guest room, is that an open invitation;) Nice workouts and don't worry, you got a nice, happy taper ahead of you to get all rested up.

CoachLiz 9:02 AM, March 23, 2009  

Thanks for the daily dose of sweaty moobs and hairy armpits. I feel better.

Marlene 10:01 AM, March 23, 2009  

NOT COTTON!

Good job on all the workouts. Nice 11-miler!

tfh 10:35 AM, March 23, 2009  

Great week!

Mmmmassage...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.