Week of Post-Race Training

>> Sunday, May 15, 2022

After the ROUGH Get in Gear 10K two weeks ago, I had a decent week of training last week:



My TRAINER RIDES (in purple) were a 4x10 min efforts not TOO hard on Tues, a 8x3 min efforts on Thurs, and then an easy ride on Sunday (Mother's Day).

As for my RUNNING (in red), I skipped Monday's run to rest my legs after the race the previous Saturday and then just did 2 easy runs on Wed and Fri. My legs were fine (no injury worries!), but I just felt sluggish and crappy on both of those runs. Because of the skipped run to rest, it was my first less-than-20-mile-week since the last week of November 2021 because of the Moustache Run Half Marathon the week before that.

My STRENGTH work was possibly a weekly PR because I did double duty on Monday (after pushing some workouts back because of the race the previous Saturday). So it's "artificially" high because it had an extra workout in it, but it was possibly my biggest "Monday thru Sunday" week ever at 10 hours and 12 minutes of strength work. (My upper body workouts weren't GREAT all week, but my legs and core got some long workouts that week!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.