Rest (Race) in Peace, Rick Recker

>> Monday, February 21, 2022

Here in Minnesota, we've been waiting for this sad news. It hit us on Saturday, and I posted this:



You've maybe seen a similar photo to the one above in my Moustache Run Half Marathon race report. That's when I had a chance to say a face-to-face goodbye to Rick. I cried writing that post on Saturday. But I smiled while reading everyone else's messages to Rick as well. Here are a few that I want to share for posterity's sake...

First, his family's announcement:



Stepping back about a month, here's a note from when he entered into hospice:





Yep, he checked himself OUT of hospice care 3 weeks ago to help officiate a track meet. I love that to no end. He posted a pic of himself there:



More stories from friends:












This is VERY true!! He was a database of running info.









Thanks for all you've given, Rick. You will be missed.

1 comments:

Stephanie Ziebarth 2:19 PM, August 27, 2022  

Thanks so much for this. It shared posts I had not yet seen. -Rick's daughter

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.