January in Review: Triple Digit Running and a PR for Trainer Time!

>> Saturday, February 12, 2022

Here's what January looked like in my training log:



I started 2022 STRONG with a complete rest day! Ha! (We had a family Christmas party.)

The 2 biggest things about January were exactly 100 miles of running and a record for trainer time!

When I was ready for my last long run of the month (the 31st), I had looked back on my training log and saw that I was at 87.70 miles for the month. "Uhhh... OK... I guess I'm running 12.30 miles then!" So boom: an even 100 miles on the month.

And I've talked about my big trainer weeks (HERE and HERE) the week of the 10th and then 2 weeks later the week of the 24th. Those were both because of the fat bike race I did last weekend: the first big week was the week my brother-in-law asked me if I wanted to do this race. Then I backed off a week (I'm no dummy) and then hit it hard again a week later. A total of 18 hours and 14 minutes on the trainer for a month is great for me!! Before January, I'd only been barely over 15 hours/month once before (Aug 2021), so being over 18 was a big jump!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.