A Frozen Penis at the Olympics

>> Tuesday, February 22, 2022

I first saw this article about one of the 50K cross country skiers who froze his penis in the cold and windy (and shortened to 30K) race in China over the weekend.



A news outlet from Finland had reported that Finnish skier Remi Lindholm "had suffered a frozen penis during the race which needed immediate attention in the locker room."

"You can probably guess what was on the ice when I got to the finish line," he said.

Shockingly, it is the second time that the 24-year-old has suffered a frozen penis in the last four months, after enduring something similar in November's Ruka World Cup.

However, the Finn admitted: "It was [worse this time]. Pretty unbearable pain."

A heat bag supposedly came to his rescue once the race was over, although Lindholm still expressed concern about his prospects of having children in the future.

OK, THE SECOND TIME IN THE LAST 4 MONTHS?!?! Well... that's a little on him then.

Unshockingly, someone tagged me on twitter when someone shared another article (this one from Reuters) about the incident:



If you haven't been a reader for all that long, this same issue happened to me in 2007. It's very funny to read that now as I noted I was running in "swishy pants with boxers underneath." What kind of noob runs in that? But seriously, read that post for a laugh.

HERE was my solution to my next cold run after getting a little frostbite down there. Also quite a noob post.

And you know how I sort of teased this cross country skier for letting this happen TWICE? Well, the same thing happened to me as well. I still hadn't gotten any "specialized" gear 2 years later when it happened again.It took until 2013 for me to get my first pair of wind-proof briefs, and now I have 2 pairs at the ready at any given moment. (No, I don't wear 2 at once, but if one is nasty, I have a back-up to put on without giving myself some unfortunate fungus down there from wearing already funky briefs.)

Anyway, I feel bad for Lindholm, but also expect more from him as it had just happened to him, and he should be able to find the gear to deal with winter issues when you're an Olympic-caliber athlete doing a winter sport. Maybe even just get a pair of these that I showed in November of 2011:

It's getting to be that time of the year. It's about time to break this out of the closet:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.