Rice Lake State Park and Mountain Biking at Kaplan's Woods

>> Monday, August 30, 2021

Before the boys head back to school this week, we explored Rice Lake State Park yesterday. For us, it was MN state park #64 out of 71.









Then the boys and I hit some single track mountain bike loops at Kaplan’s Woods. They LOVED that! I was really impressed with how well they did, and they can't wait to mountain bike again.


The photo my wife took before us boys headed into the woods.


A couple of shaky selfies over my shoulder at the boys riding behind me.




There were a few small bridges made out of branches...


... and then this bigger one over some rocks that the boys loved!




Riding on the wood chips back to the car.



The 3 of us did 2 loops (of about a mile), and then Henry and I did a 3rd loop faster without Charlie. Henry was working that last loop! There are 6 more miles of harder trails out there, and we've love to come back at try the next level (although I bet all 3 of us would be off our bikes a lot to navigate jumps/branches/obstacles).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.