First Weight Room Workout in 3 Months

>> Saturday, August 07, 2021

Last spring, I went to the weight room at one of the colleges where I teach a few times. But when it started to get a bit busier and they removed their masking rules, I kept the workouts at home.

My boys just came back from a few days at Grandma's, and besides a lot of house projects, I also snuck away to try hitting the gym again. Campus was DEAD. I got to park right outside the door. I got there 5 minutes after it was supposed to open, and it was still locked up. I had to walk a block to the security office to have someone let me in. These were all good signs that told me I'd have this gym to myself. The guard who let me in said "Close the door when you're done. And you're here all alone... so don't do anything dangerous..."


A dead weight room.


My water bottle and mask got their own bench.

I like to do circuit workouts on Saturdays, but normally that's not a workout I'd do in public as I end up jumping around and hogging lots of the equipment. (My "normal" workout is just 2 muscle groups at a time [like chest then back x6], but this circuit workout is doing each muscle group once and then repeating it all 6-8 times.) But being I had the place to myself, I hogged everything. Sweet.

I worked FAST too: normally at home I'm doing 30-35 push-ups, but here I was doing 8 reps on the bench of 135 lbs. At home, I'm doing 20-22 dumbbell rows PER ARM, but here I was doing 15 total on a cable machine. I looked back in my training log, and the last 3 big circuit days were:

- 8 rounds in 72 mins
- 7 rounds in 58 mins
- 7 rounds in 56 mins

But today, I was working about TWO MINUTES FASTER/ROUND! I was flying, and it was hurting! I did 8 rounds in 53 minutes, as well as my PT "prescribed" shoulder exercises. I might feel dead tomorrow.


I'm glad I wore this shirt as it doesn't show sweat much - my chest was sweated through.


My arms felt extra big. Feelin' pumped.

Whew. I needed that workout after some wimpy upper body days in the last 2 weeks. Happy weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.