>> Wednesday, February 12, 2014
On one of our final days in Israel, we toured the Source facilities. Well, *I* didn't because I think eating so fantastically had finally caught up to me - I was resting in bed for the morning. But when the gang got back, I was filled in with regards to how awesome it was.
Source makes all kinds of stuff (including sandals infused with another Israeli company Cupron [copper material] that will resist bacterial growth and keep the stank down), but I'm focusing on their Hydration Packs today.
Here are a few photos from Noa (the awesome photographer traveling with us) that show part of the tour:
Making bladders on site.
Everything's done in-house.
My pack that traveled home with me - the one I'm giving away.
• Lightweight Fabrics - Ripstop 70D Nylon
• Lightweight, high performance. Optimal ventilation breathable materialsand open 3D air-mesh
• Contoured shoulder straps with low resistance to air flow
• External clasp for walking poles or dedicated equipment
• Closed strapping system prevents loose ends LED tab holder
• Elastic mesh compartment for extra cargo
• Fast access hip pockets: quickly access your essentials on the move
• Reflect straps for better visibility
• Storganizer™ internal multipocket system keeps tools separate and secure
• Hip belt keeps the system perfectly balanced against the body
• Adjustable sternum belt for stability and a perfect fit
• Magnetic clip for the tube
The "X-Fit" system allows the shoulder straps to move independently from each other so it stays comfortable on your back.
And here's a bit about the Widepac Hydration Bladder:
• Widepac™ closure (U.S Patent No. 7,648,276,B2)
User-friendly Widepac™ slide closure allows easy filling, cleaning, draining, and ice insertion. Airtight seal.
• Glass Like™ Film Technology
A multi-layer Polyethylene film utilizing SOURCE's Glass-Like™ technology, which prevents bio-film build up making the system self-cleaning. SOURCE's Glass-Like™ Film is 2000% smoother than standard TPU films, with virtually no difference from glass itself.
• Taste Free™ System
Co-extruded PE film retains pure liquid taste with no plastic flavor. BPA and Phthalate free.
• Grunge-Guard™ Technology
Inhibits bacteria growth on the reservoir and drinking tube surfaces for the life of the system. Technology utilized FDA-approved and EPA-registered anti-microbial agent.
• Easy Care & Low Maintenance
Glass-Like™ technology combined with Grunge-Guard™ technology represent a new generation in hydration systems, in which cleaning is no longer an issue. Simply refill and drink again and again without special care. Water will remain fresh for days and even weeks.
• SQC™ - SOURCE Quick Connect (QMT compatible)
• Helix™ Valve - Source bite valve
• Dirt Shield™ - Valve cover
The inside of the bladder is SUPER smooth: Source's Glass-Like™ technology keeps bacteria from sticking to the inside. And there's this cool "quick fill" feature that will allow you fill it quickly from a faucet or water bottle withOUT overfilling it.
HERE’S HOW TO ENTER TO WIN THIS HYDRATION SYSTEM:
You can enter by simply commenting on this post, but you can earn MORE entries to better your chances (much like the other giveaways I've done in the past). If you just want to comment to enter, you can skip all of the "optional" steps and go right down to Step 4.
• Step 1 (optional): to earn +1 extra entry: follow me and SourceOutdoor on Twitter and send out this tweet to show your love:
I just entered the @SourceOutdoor hydration pack giveaway on @SteveinaSpeedo’s blog - http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/
• Step 2 (optional): to earn +1 extra entry: "like" Steve in a Speedo on Facebook.
• Step 3 (optional): to earn +1 extra entry: "follow" or "join" my blog on Blogger. (This is a bonus step for those of you with Blogger / Google accounts.)
• Step 4: comment on this post and tell me how many entries you earned! (You get one entry for just commenting!) Make sure to note if you tweeted or liked or followed my blog so I'll know to add your name to the hat 2 or 3 or 4 times. You do NOT need to be a blogger, but make sure to leave some specific info so you’ll know if you won. (So you could say something like this: “Hey Steve, this John Smith from Topeka. I sent out the tweet, I liked you on FB, but I didn't follow your blog, so put my name in the hat 3 times! Thanks!”)
So, check back next week Monday or Tuesday (Feb 17 or 18) to see if you've won! ESPECIALLY if you’re not a blogger, because I have no way of contacting you! The contest is open NOW through 5 pm (central time) on Saturday. At 5 pm, I'll print out all the entries, give extra numbers to those who earned extra entries, and then draw numbers out a hat for the winner!
- Contest only open to residents of the US and Canada.
- You may comment now (on THIS post) through 5 pm Central time on Saturday, Feb 15.
- The winner will be chosen at random by a random number generator or by drawing numbers out of a hat. If you’ve earned multiple entries, you will get multiple numbers, thus bettering your chances at winning.
- Check back next week (Mon the 17th or Tues the 18th) to see if you won! (Especially if you don’t have a blogger account because I have no way of contacting you.)
- If the winner does not contact me within 2 days after being announced, I'll be forced to draw a new winner. So check back and KEEP checking back in case the winner is lame!
Comment now to be in the running to win this $150 hydration system from Source!!
Comment now to win this!