Early Morning, Off to the Races

>> Sunday, September 06, 2009

Pharmie and I are headed across the river to Hudson, WI this morning for the St. Croix Valley Olympic Triathlon. Neither of us are quite in “PR shape,” so we’re just going to have a fun race!

I COULD PR in the swim (I’ve had a lot of open water swims lately), and I should be able to have a solid run (I’ve been upping my run miles in training for the TC 10 Mile). But I haven’t biked much lately; they’ve all been shorter rides. The bike could be UG-(wait for it)-LY. And if the bike takes too much out of me, that could make my run time suffer...

Oh well. We’re just going for a nice, small, end-of-season oly. Maybe the race was just one last excuse for Pharmie to shave my shoulders. Anyway, back as soon as I can be with a quick update!! Happy long weekend!!

8 comments:

Christi 11:48 AM, September 06, 2009  

Good Luck Pharmie and Steve!!!

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 12:36 PM, September 06, 2009  

I'm guessing the 'weedy' swim was not a PR...but my pessemism has nothing to do with your ability, rather to murky waters of the old st. croix.

The 10 mile bike yesterday took everything I had, so 10 miles felt more like 20...

Run was a nice one, you will do great!!

Michelle 12:55 PM, September 06, 2009  

Hope the race went well.

Rob 2:07 PM, September 06, 2009  

I tend to shave my face and nowhere else. Interesting to hear you shave other bits too!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.