My Next Race

>> Wednesday, October 27, 2010

So it's nothing big, but a few members of the "CVA Triathlon Club" and I are going to do another indoor triathlon at Lifetime Fitness. It's November 14th in a suburb of the Cities.

It's been a while since I've mentioned the CVA Tri Club - we kinda took this year off after our big year in 2009. In case you don't know the background story, one of the schools where I teach is the College of Visual Arts (CVA). In the spring of 2009, some students asked me to start a "Tri Club," and we got a group of interested students together. We talked training, necessary gear, and did some group workouts over the summer - including runs, bikes, bricks, and their first OWS. The big day was when 4 CVA students did their first sprint tri in July of 2009! That was a GREAT day! Anyway, we're going to start doing a little more over this winter, and hopefully get a few students into a duathlon or 2 next spring. Then it's tri season!!

So back to this next race.... there might be a FEW more students signing up, but right now it's just Hannah, Katrina, and I. Here's photos of those 2 doing events with the tri club - Hannah's been BY FAR the most active member!


March 2009: Indoor tri: Katrina in the middle, Hannah on the right
(this is before the CVA Tri Club officially existed)


July 2009: Hannah doing her first sprint tri


Sept 2009: Katrina finishing a duathlon as a relay


Nov 2009: Hannah and I doing another indoor tri


March 2010: Hannah, Erik, Ben, and I doing yet another indoor tri

This indoor tri had a NEW challenge that I signed up for! All the LTF Indoor Tris have been a 10:00 swim, 30:00 spin, and 20:00 run. But this one has a new "90 minute challenge," and I was able to get into that final, longer wave. So Hannah and Katrina will be starting in the the wave before me, and they'll do the normal 60:00 indoor tri. And I'll be starting in the final wave which is a 15:00 swim, 45:00 spin, and 30:00 run. Should be a fun new challenge! The 3 of us should have a GREAT time!

(Still NO entries for the Bootyshaking Bike Off!" Click here to see the rules and to enter! You'll have a GREAT shot at winning!)

4 comments:

Lucas R. Tucker 10:36 AM, October 27, 2010  

FOund your blog today thanks to tri madness. I look forward to following.

I like the idea of running in costumes, but feel I need to get a little faster first.

The Triathlon Rx 2:45 PM, October 27, 2010  

Hahaha I have many many words to say about the indoor tri. Words of which I will keep to myself, and instead say HAVE FUN! :)

I'll flash run tomorrow if YOU do!

Kim 3:04 PM, October 27, 2010  

i love the concept of the indoor tris. wish we had those in boston!

Unknown 3:57 PM, October 27, 2010  

Yay - glad that the CVA tri club is still racing! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.