Semi-Wordless Wednesday: Icy Bike Ride To/From Work

>> Wednesday, December 13, 2023

I finished the semester strong and kept biking to work! It ended up being 23 out of the last 25 classes, and also an extra trip to stop by and do some grading (as I noted in Monday's post).

We got a little snow on Saturday, and it's been cold since. So now we have a nice layer of ice over everything. My trip to school and back home earlier this week was a little iffy, but I made it without sliding out. It was maybe 26 degrees when I left for class, and it was 30 on my way home:


The road to the right was clear from all the traffic, but the bike path was ICY!


Again, big spots of ice.


The busier roads were OK, but the side streets like this one (2 blocks from home) were gross.

If my schedule allows, I'll TRY biking spring semester too, but timing is going to be a lot trickier. So it might not start right away, but maybe by March I can bike more - I've enjoyed saving money on parking while padding my "intensity" minutes on my Garmin (watch those drop over winter break!!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.