Week of Biking: Two Good Trainer Rides and Three Short Rides to Work

>> Monday, December 11, 2023

My 2 "normal" bike workouts of last week were good ones! It's been about 4 weeks since having 2 better/longer bike rides in 1 week.

On THURSDAY, I wasn't really planning on doing much, but I ended up kicking it into gear and doing 4x10 min efforts for a total of 95 mins of trainer riding. My efforts were just a normal "hard" effort, a standing effort, a descending effort (starting in an easier gear and shifting to a harder one every 2 mins), and ending with an "alternating" effort (alternating standing and seated every 2 mins). My heart rate looked like this:


The 3rd descending effort is very visible, but I don't know what happened in the 4th alternating effort.

On FRIDAY, I hit the track for some 800s and 400s between these 2 trainer rides. Whew... I guess it was a solid 3-day stretch of workouts!

Because then on SATURDAY, I hit the trainer for another longer ride (100 mins). Henry ran on the treadmill next to me for a while (shoot... I should have snapped a father/son selfie!), so I had a longer warm-up as we chatted and watched the start of a newer Home Alone movie. I did shorter efforts for this workout: 9x3 min efforts with 2 mins easy between. The efforts were just generically "hard," another hard effort, standing, descending to a harder gear every min, hard, alternating mins of standing and seated, standing, hard, and standing.



Besides those 2 trainer rides, I also biked to work THREE times last week on my mountain bike as I've been doing for a few months. I biked on my 2 normal teaching days, and then again on Friday (after my intervals on the track) to do some grading before finals.

And all 3 of those rides to work had just a LITTLE more tacked on the end as I had extra time, so in total I had 34.5 miles biked outside on my mountain bike as well as 3 hours and 15 mins of trainer time between 2 longer workouts. Nice bike week! (For December! And for me!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.