November's Training in Review

>> Saturday, December 02, 2023

November had its HIGHS and its LOWS. Here's a glance at my training log:



TOTALS:
- SWIM: 12,450 yards
- BIKE: 194.56 miles
- TRAINER TIME: 6 hours
- RUN: 92.95 miles
- STRENGTH: 47 hours 28 minutes


It had more HIGHS than LOWS which is always great.

My biking was a LOW as I only had 2 real "training" rides all month: a 32 mile ride (with the first 20 harder), and then my hilliest ride ever over 38 miles. I happily skipped 2 rides over the Thanksgiving weekend as well.

I got over some over-training issues mid-month, which is a HIGH and a LOW (HIGH that I got over it, LOW that it was an issue in the first place).

My HIGHS were that I biked to every class I had at the U last month (which makes 20 out of the last 22 classes back through mid-Sept!), and that I set a monthly PR for strength time with over 47 hours. Even though my "training" totals are low on the bike, I have nearly 200 miles total for the month which I thought was pretty great (and I just recently realized that I broke 200 once in Novemeber back in 2015 on our yearly memorial ride). And regarding strength work, I'd only been over 46 hours once before! So being at 47 hrs and 28 mins is a big jump!

Well, I might be done "training" on my bike outside this winter, but I'm still hoping to get in some miles on my mountain bike to and from class through the end of the year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.