Killer Week of Dec Training!

>> Saturday, December 16, 2023

Last week was a REAL good looking week of training, especially for December:



WEEKLY TOTALS:

SWIM: 2900 yards
BIKE: 34.58 miles
(commuting outside)
TRAINER: 3 hours and 15 mins
RUN: 23.12 miles
STRENGTH: 11 hours and 42 mins


MONDAY was a long run, good PT leg exercises, and some legs at the gym. I also biked to and from work. The long run was the one that made my toenail turn black, and today (12 days later) it looks like this:



The run was decent: 11.06 miles in 1:15:34 (6:50 overall pace) with the middle 6 miles "at pace" that averaged 6:11.8/mile.

TUESDAY was a long swim and good upper body workout. I posted about the swim and how it was my longest in nearly 13 years!

WEDNESDAY was an easy run, good core, good PT legs, and more biking to and from work.

THURSDAY was some upper body and a trainer ride. I posted about the trainer ride recently: it wasn't super hard efforts, but I did 4x10 min efforts.

FRIDAY was an interval workout at the track, some good core and PT legs, and another short ride to and from work. I biked to the U to do some grading, which ended up putting me in the saddle 5 out of 6 days from Mon through Sat. Nice. And I posted about the interval workout here: it was 4x800 and 4x400 on the track.

SATURDAY was a good upper body day and a longer trainer ride. Again, I posted about the trainer ride that was 9x (3 mins hard, 2 mins easy). That capped off nearly 6 hours in the saddle for the week! (I had a week about the same length in November, but I had to go back to May to beat that saddle time - a week of lots of biking the boys to-and-from school.)

SUNDAY was just core. I try to treat Sunday as my rest day.

I'm having another good week this week that will rival some of those numbers (already more biking and running miles). December has started strong for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.