Semi-Wordless Wednesday: Cold Commuter Ride

>> Wednesday, November 29, 2023

I'm still biking to class 2 days/week! That makes it 19 out of my last 21 classes, with the 2 days I drove being the day I raced my "made up" TC 10 Mile and didn't feel like doing any more physical activity, as well as the day we left for a short Chicago trip.

Monday's ride was COLD: 16 degrees and breezy. That makes it my 2nd coldest ride ever, just behind our 11 degree test ride the day before my only fat bike race, and just ahead of an 18 degree ride in memory of my friend Aaron from 2 years ago. Honestly, it's easier to ride in colder weather when COMMUTING vs when TRAINING.


Velcro bands to keep my pants from getting caught in the chain,
and 2 pairs of DENSE socks with calf sleeves for warmth.


Really, not much on top: just a hat, and then a long-sleeve shirt,
short sleeve bike jersey, and a hoodie. (And backpack and reflective vest.)


Ready to head home with headlight and blinky tail light.


16 degrees as I left class.


Just a SLIGHT bit of frozen snow from a snowplow from our Saturday night snow
(that hasn't had a chance to fully melt because it's been frigid these last few days!).

Nothing really got too cold on the way home! There's a big difference in windchill when lumbering along on a mountain bike at 13 mph vs trying to go fast on a road/tri bike at 21 mph.

It's going to be nicer today again. And MAYBE nice enough to get out for a training ride on Thursday, but I'll probably just hit the training. TBD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.