Lazy Long Thanksgiving Weekend

>> Monday, November 27, 2023

On Thanksgiving, we spent the entire day at my sister-in-laws:



Friday we cut down a Christmas tree and started decorating:



And Saturday started with our yearly memorial bike ride in memory of my college friend Aaron (see the last 3 years here: 2022, 2021, and 2020)...



... and then we had Thanksgiving with my family for the rest of Saturday:


My boys made pumpkin pie and I made 2 French silk pies for my Dad.

And through all of that, I made it a point to NOT try to fit in all my workouts. I recently "came back" from some over-training issues, and I didn't need to try to push when it was good to just enjoy the family time and relax a little.

So I did a short ride on Saturday with Alex and Jamey in memory of Aaron, but it wasn't a "real" ride: just an easy cruise around town at 15 mph. And I skipped Thursday's bike workout as well (and shortened my upper body workout). And I also skipped my bigger Saturday upper body day. So here's Thur-Sun the last 2 weeks, with the 16-19th being pretty normal (with an extra [short] swim just because) and then the 23-26th being extra small:



Nice to back off for a few days... but now I hope to get back to normal this week. I have a lot of school and personal (Christmas-related) things to be doing, so hopefully I can still get in some good workouts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.