Training Totals from the First 6 Months of 2022

>> Monday, July 11, 2022

Here are my training totals from January through June of 2022:

- SWIM: 0 yards
- BIKE: 230.91 miles
- BIKE TRAINER: 92 hours and 30 mins
(or 1,757.5 miles at 19 mph)
- RUN: 554.24 miles
- STRENGTH: 230 hours and 51 mins


These have been a solid 6 months! I'm not swimming (not going to a gym right now), so that's obviously a weak area, and then other weakest area is my outdoor bike mileage - I've been content to spin on the trainer lately. (I hate the sun more and more each year...) BUT I've been doing actual WORKOUTS on the trainer and not just spinning my legs, so I'm not in HORRIBLE bike shape.

That RUN DISTANCE is great - one of my biggest 6 month stretches ever. I've been having nice consistent workouts for the last 12-13 months or so. (I've only had 2 full calendar years with just over 1000 miles, and I'm on track for a record 1100+.)

My TRAINER TIME is great too, but I need to drop that and get outside more. I noted that the first half of last year had 70 hours of trainer time, and that was a big PR at the time. So nearly 93 hours to start 2022 is huge.

STRENGTH TIME is killer too - I noted in my first half of 2020 post 2 years ago that 205 hours was a "crazy big 6-month PR" back then, so 230 hours to start 2022 is big.


Monthly TIME for each month of 2022 so far.
"Str" is strength time, and "Sports" is all bike trainer time.


Monthly DISTANCE.


Monthly DISTANCE if trainer time were added in at 19 mph.

The first 6 months of 2022 had 3 races for me: I tried something new and had a fun time at the City of Lakes 20K Fat Bike race in February (which also explained my big push on the trainer the first part of the year), I had a slightly disappointing Get in Gear 10K where I realized I need to work in more short-end speed work, and I had an OK Brian Kraft 5K.


Just after finishing my first fat bike race, the cold and wet GIG 10K, and the wet BK 5K.

(And speaking of those 3 races... it's only the 2 weeks of those running races that I've had less than 20 running miles. Otherwise, I've had 20+ running miles each week back to the end of November 2021 which was the week after my winning half marathon race.)

I've had no multisport events as duathlon season snuck up on me and was gone. And we've had some booked weekends this summer already, so HOPEFULLY a later-season triathlon is in the cards, but who knows.

I've stated it in a few posts recently, but I know some of these totals will drop a bit over the random summer months, but it's not really happening yet. I'm trying to hold if off as much as I can! (And also work in some different speed work without injuring myself - trying to walk that fine line of "do 'new' and shorter speed workouts to help my racing" with "but doing what I've been doing has been keeping my injury-free."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.