Semi-Wordless Wednesday: Did Anyone Else See That Guy's Butt in the Tour de France Coverage?

>> Wednesday, July 21, 2021

My boys and I enjoyed watching the 20-50 min "wrap up" on YouTube from NBC Sports of the Tour de France coverage each night. They both really got into it from the start (and now Henry will be rooting for Mathieu van der Poel on the Dutch mountain bike team in the Olympics), but they started to lose a bit of interest as it went on.

On Saturday's stage (the 2nd "time trial" stage), something crossed the screen and I said "Wait... did anyone else see that?!?" I had to back up the footage and show my boys and my wife what I had seen:


The guy in red shorts on the left steps back to "expose"
another guy, who is quickly covered by the cyclist...


... but a second later, you can see his exposed butt, mooning Van Aert and the camera.


And then he's pushed off frame and never heard from again.

It's actually easier to see in the video footage (which I feel is rare - it's usually easier in the still images). This video is set to start playing at the 7:00 mark, and look for the butt at the 7:15 mark:


Direct link (to the 7:00 mark): youtu.be/GUtr1emvo28?t=420 (The butt is at 7:15.)

This could have been me in 1998. But 2021 me says "I hope his mom is proud."

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.