June 2021 in Review: Numbers Showing an Injury

>> Tuesday, July 06, 2021

After a GREAT start to 2021, June shows a big dip in the training:



The last day of May was the Brian Kraft 5K where my right achilles felt REALLY tight during the cool down. And then I used that pain to force myself to rest a bit while camping in the Badlands with my boys for 5 days.

So my RUNNING milage (which was 103 miles in March and around 90 miles in both April and May) dropped to 31.22 miles.

My STRENGTH time (which was 34-38 hours over the last few months) dropped to 30 hrs and 50 mins (mainly because of 2 camping trips, not because of the injury).

And my TRAINER time / saddle time (which was 14-16 hours over the last few months) dropped to 10 hours (for 1 week because of injury, and then a few more days because of camping).

My achilles sure isn't "better" as I had hoped to hit around 6 miles yesterday, but I called it after 4.4 miles. It was just getting a little too tight. But it could be because the day before (the 4th) was the first day I didn't do my heel exercises in the last 10 days, I was on my feet more during a family 4th of July get-together, and I forgot to wear my calf sleeves on my run (which I've started doing on every run since the injury). I'm seeing Dr. Folske for (hopefully) the last time tomorrow, and then I'll just keep seeing if I can be increasing my mileage safely and slowly.

Cautious optimism.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.