Back Up To 15+ Miles/Week!

>> Saturday, July 10, 2021

This week was the first time in 6 weeks that I was getting closer to "normal" running mileage.

If you remember, I raced the Oakdale Duathlon and then the Brian Kraft 5K just 1 week apart in late May. And then some achilles pain showed up.

I took 2 weeks off, and things seemed to be better. But a few runs showed that it wasn't fully healed. I had a few rounds of A.R.T. and electical stimulation on my leg, and my June training numbers were much lower than normal.

But I did my first "long" run this past week of 6.3 miles, and I got in 16.1 running miles total:


To end the week tomorrow will just have some core work.

Running is still all on the treadmill as Dr. Folske says to run as far as I can without any major tightness sneaking in, so this way I can stop when I think I need to and not be stuck 2 miles from home. He says every run where it doesn't get too tight is making it stronger and taking it in the right direction. So hopefully another 2 weeks on the treadmill before chancing it outside! Fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.