Yearly Memorial Bike Ride

>> Saturday, November 28, 2020

This past week, my friend Jamey and I went on our yearly memorial ride for our college buddy Aaron who succumbed to brain cancer. (If you've been a long-time reader, you'll remember me writing about his life and a fundraiser I wanted to do for his family, and then the subsequent "24 hour relay for Aaron" that a bunch of us put on.)

A few days ago, I posted this:


Caption: "6 years. #RIPBigPurm"

On our ride, Jamey and I bumped into another one of Aaron's friends who's actually done the ride once or twice with us over the years. And he wasn't planning on bumping into us - he was just out on a ride and would not have been that far south looking for us. Jamey had on his Aaron-related shirt, Tony had his Spider-Man figurine, and I had mine (as seen in the photo above). I posted this later:

Another pic from today (from Jamey, obviously). As we were on his annual memorial ride, we just happened to bump into Tony (another friend of Aaron’s). We rode the last half of our ride as a trio. As Tony and I split off across the river to our homes in St. Paul, Jamey shouted “See ya fellas! Think some good thoughts of Aaron today!” #RIPBigPurm



Another one of Spider-Man on the bridge:



We miss you, Aaron. Lots of people do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.