Update on the Guy Who Hit Me While Biking (Karma Helped)

>> Monday, November 02, 2020

I was hit by a car while biking about 6 weeks ago. My bike repair ended up being just over $80 for truing a wheel, rebuilding one of my shifters, and adjusting the rear derailleur. (I've been on my bike on the trainer a lot, but I haven't been outside on it since the crash - hopefully this week!)

I texted the guy who hit me, and he was willing to help out. So recently, I got this card in the mail:



YES, HE SENT A "THANK YOU" CARD. "Thank you for not sueing me?" "Thank you for not dying when I didn't use my blinker?" I dunno.

There was no return address, and there was cash inside as to not give up more information about his identity with a check. And the CRISP $20 bills had transferred ink to the inside of the card, and I was suspicious they could be fake:



His note said something like "here's $80 to help with the bike bill." But the bills he included were so crisp, that 2 were stuck together. There was actually $100 there!

I took them to the bank to make sure they weren't counterfeit (I had to stop by to cash a check anyway). The teller confirmed they were real. And she added: "Careful... they’re so fresh that they could stick together."

I just smirked.

UPDATE: For what it's worth, I still have a co-pay for my urgent care visit to pay, and possibly a 2nd co-pay as well (because the x-rays weren't listed on our first bill). So the extra $18 he (accidently) sent over my $82 bike bill still has me in the red after medical bills. What I'm saying is that I don't feel bad at all about taking his extra $20. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.