Coronavirus Update: Week 34

>> Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Because there were 2 exposures in Henry's class 2 weeks ago, the whole class was asked to quarantine at home through last Friday. So Henry was home with me for some remote learning. But all-in-all, it was a pretty uneventful week.



Monday: I got a haircut (as the governor was planning to announce some possibly closures on Tuesday, and I didn't want to be caught shaggy)



Tuesday: I had 2 big critiques in my classes, so I knew I'd have lots of work grading the rest of the week. I also did a hardware store run to fix the faucet in our bathroom.



Wednesday: errands. LOTS of errands.



Thursday: an eye appointment and a bike ride while Henry ran. (He loves at-home learning for reasons like this!)


First seen in this post.



Friday: I dropped off our old dead grill at the metal scrap yard and made $9.

Also, Henry got his first job! It was his duty to discuss payment, which he did well (albeit rather adorably forced), and he's now going to earn $20/snowfall to clear snow from our neighbor's yard! He's thrilled!! (He'll be less thrilled once we have a 10" snow that takes him 2 hours to clear.) Here he is working up her back step on Friday:





Saturday: my wife worked this weekend, so we did a lot of house projects, I graded a lot, and we escaped for 60-90 minutes to try some new skis and snowboards that I picked up earlier in the week (as first seen in yesterday's post):





A few more photos of that and a fun video HERE.



Sunday: again, my wife was at work, so I did some grading in the morning, worked on some Shutterfly Christmas presents, and I gave the boys haircuts because they were getting shaggy:


Henry's cut hair.


The boys in their robes after cuts and showers.



The boys are back in school this week, but Friday will be the last day of that for at least 2 months. They don't have school at all next week because they are giving the teachers a few days to prep for at-home learning before Thanksgiving. (And I suspect we'll be asked to stop by school to get a boat load of materials next week.) So there might not be a "coronavirus update" next week as it might be our last "normal" week for a while! Godspeed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.