First Treadmill Workouts on the NEW Treadmill

>> Saturday, November 14, 2020

As I mentioned in Monday's post, we got a treadmill about 10 days ago. This past Tuesday evening we got about 3 inches of snow, so my Wednesday morning run wasn't going to happen outside. (Or my Friday speed workout.)

Wednesday was just an easy run. So it wasn't any sort of "test" for the treadmill.

Thursday, I hopped on my bike on the trainer for a bit, and Henry came and ran next to me for a while. I posted this on Instagram:



Caption: "Our basement 'bike room' now has a treadmill! Henry ran next to me (while I was on my bike) for 12 minutes and went 1.2 miles! The boys think it’s a novelty. (My wife’s rowing machine is just on the other side of the treadmill, and that lowest pipe in the background is where I do pull-ups, so it’s all coming together!)"

Here was the view from my bike as Henry hit 1 mile (he ran at 6.0 mph the whole time, but slowed to get a drink one time):


1.0 miles in 10:39 at 6 mph.
(And notice MTBs in storage at the top left.)

My wife posted this photo and caption as well:



Caption (from my wife): "I am *not* a treadmill person, but Steve is in the winter. So we bought this bad boy a few weeks ago. It turns out it’s been great exercise for quarantined Henry, and I snuck in a run after the boys were in bed tonight. I may be a convert soon."

Here were a few comments on that post. A friend ask what Bowflex model it was:



Jeremy asked if it would work for a speed workout, and I told him I was literally heading down to "run fast" on it at that moment. So I reported back later after 5.5 miles with the middle 3 being hard:


Sidenote: when running, the "heartrate" generally shows foot strikes (from shaking
the treadmill) which is great because that's something I've been working on.




Comments from a gym buddy.


A friend noticing the walls in the background! (She's talking about this.) #Homeownership

So here's a photo from next to the TV stand showing that small room:


Rowing machine, treadmill, and room for 1 bike on the trainer.


My POV on my bike from earlier today. Yes, I consider it some form of
mental training to watch PBS cooking shows while working out. ;)

My wife has gotten more into rowing than sitting on her bike on the trainer, so we won't have to be swapping out the bikes too often. (In the past, we had room for both bikes on their trainers all the time, as there wasn't a big ole' treadmill in the middle of this room.)

And my reviews above still hold true. It's REALLY annoying that there are 3 digits availible for "distance," but 2 of them are left of the decimal and 1 is to the right. I don't need that "tens" digit! Like if I run 11 miles and didn't have the tens digit, will I think "oh, did I just run 11 miles? Or 21? I'm not sure. They feel so similar!" ESPECIALLY because the treadmill only runs for up to 60 minutes at a time before it "resets!" So I'd have to run a 60 minute 10 mile (something I've done ONCE 10 years ago) to even get to use that tens digit! Why can't you just keep the ONES digit and give me HUNDREDTHS of a mile?!? Please?!?!

But... truly... just happy to have a treadmill down there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.