Instagram of the Day: a Long Stroller Run

>> Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Charlie and I took off for a long run yesterday morning, and afterwards I posted this:


Caption: “Today’s run just felt easy. 11.3 miles with Charlie and the stroller,
with the middle 7 at 6:23 pace. One of those runs where it all feels right.”


The big pic is shortly after getting on the Greenway from our gym, and the smaller pic is just after turning around along side the Nordic Ware factory. (I also added later that “I just realized it felt so good because it was the flattest run I’ve done in a long time.”)

After a decent week of training last week (see Monday’s post), I was content to “just run” for this long run. But after 2 miles, I figured I’d pick up the pace a bit. I thought I’d do 6 a bit harder, but then I decided to make it 7. I ended up with a much faster workout than I had planned. Those miles were far from “tempo” pace, but they were still a bit harder. I ended up running the “harder” 7 miles with these half mile splits:

3:19, 3:16, 3:20, 3:12, 3:12, 3:12, 3:11, 3:07, 3:09, 3:12, 3:10, 3:05, 3:06, 3:05 = 44:44 for 7 miles (6:23.4 pace).

Here’s was our route down the flattest part of the Greenway Trail and back:


(Those are half-mile “laps” noted on the map.)

1 comments:

Katie B 9:59 PM, May 06, 2019  

Nice run! Better get your fill of [western] Greenway runs now...a large portion of the trail is closing on May 13. While increased access to the Light rail will be nice, the construction required to make it happen is very inconvenient for outdoor enthusiasts. But it will probably force me to explore new areas...so...lemonade?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.