CC Race and First Communion!

>> Monday, May 20, 2019

It was a fun, full weekend.

First, Henry had his last First Communion meeting at school and church, and my wife took him. That left Charlie and I together, so he did the Twin Cities in Motion cross country "Kids Race" at Como Park:


And he's off!! It was nearly canceled because it was so cold and rainy!


Finishing his 1/2 mile loop in 3 shirts, a windbreaker, a hat, and mittens.


Love this shot.


Post-race with his medal. He finished a half mile in around 6:01.

Then the next day was Henry's first communion! Here are a few pics of family that was there with us:




Cute family pic!


Lots of 2nd graders.


My in-laws with all their grandkids!


Henry with my wife's Grandparents.


Some great-grandkids!


With my Grandma.


And with my folks!


Both boys with my parents.


A bonus photo from before mass from the St. Thomas More Catholic School Facebook page.

We had over 20 people stop over to our place afterwards for a party. Everyone left late afternoon, and we really didn't have too much house work to do. I had projects every day this past week to get the house clean (and MORE than clean in many cases - we used this party as an excuse to deep clean a lot of parts of the house), and the house just needed 15 minutes of tidying up. So I hopped on my bike (on the trainer because it was 40 degrees and raining) and my wife helped Henry finish a little homework.

Back with a training update tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.