Registered in the "Championship" Wave!

>> Wednesday, May 08, 2019

I signed up for the TC 1 Mile pretty last minute. THE RACE IS THURSDAY. As in TOMORROW.

It's a USATF MN team race, so I figured I'm feeling OK and can help the team. I'm in good "general" running shape right now, but I've done NO specific workouts for a short fast 1 mile race.

Last year at this race, I was in a similar spot and ran a personal WORST of 5:02.7. I'm HOPING to be under that this year, and I'd love to break 5:00 again (as I did later in the year last year at the Raspberry Run where I ran 4:54 after running a few mile-specific track workouts leading up to that).

I think they took away the BIG money at the championship wave of this race this year. As I registered I noted something new (I added the red arrows):



Yes, I can be in the "men's championship wave" if I expect to run 5:00 or faster.

So yes, I registered for that wave. Lord help me.

I might be last. Or very near last in my wave. And it's the last wave (the grand finale, as it were), so everyone will be watching. Maybe my ego can push me to sub-5:00 because it doesn't want to be embarrassed. We'll see. Whatever happens, I expect it to hurt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.