A "Nice Surprise" from the MDRA

>> Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A few months ago, I got a glimpse of the 2011 "Minnesota Distance Running Association" (MDRA) Yearly Annual. The cover was a photo that I took at the 2010 MDRA Mudball! They have a kids race before the "adult" race, and I got some fun photos of the kids in the 1/2 mile and 1/4 mile trail race. Here's my image on the cover:



(CLICK HERE to see a slideshow of images from the kid's race, and CLICK HERE to see my race report from the MDRA Mudball.)

In the most recent issue of the MDRA magazine (RunMN), they had a sweet letter to the editor near the front:



That's a great little story, and I'm glad they shared it! And I'm glad my photo was a part of it!

Oh, and if you haven't entered the "Ultimate Stocking Stuffer Giveaway" from yesterday, CLICK HERE (or scroll down to yesterday's post) and leave a comment to enter! There are $170 in sweet prizes that are all going to 1 winner! Throw your name in the hat!

8 comments:

Katie 8:25 AM, December 15, 2010  

That is so awesome, congrats! My son has started running in some of the free 5ks at my races, it really is such a great thing to include :)

Christi 8:51 AM, December 15, 2010  

That is a great story Steve!

Suzana 9:16 AM, December 15, 2010  

That's really cute - they bonded over running!

Heather 10:54 AM, December 15, 2010  

what a great photo and an awesome story to go along with it!! Very cool.

Alyssa 11:07 AM, December 15, 2010  

Simply awesome in every way imaginable. The looks on those kids faces has "future champ" written ALL over them. If only I had such determination at the age of 5. Great photo and a very awesome story.

Happy holidays!
A

Betsy 2:14 PM, December 15, 2010  

Wow! When I first saw the photo before reading what was behind it I thought what a great image of kids running and being active and looking up to their parents as runners & athletes but the 'real story' behind the photo is even more amazing even though you never could have known that when you took the photo. I see something totally different in it after reading the email than I did when I saw the cover without knowing the story! Thanks for sharing!

Dori 7:50 PM, December 17, 2010  

Of course the Ethiopian was in the lead!

Congratulations on a winning image. I think you should send this in to Runner's World. What a great story.

Kelly Tabara 8:27 PM, December 18, 2010  

Steve-
It's nice to know now where the picture came from. I am Maru's mom and we were so excited about his picture, but did not know who to thank. We have had an amazing 11 months and he had an amazing first season of running. Email me, love to talk to you more about the story and writing about running!
Thank You!
Kelly Tabara

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.