My Brother-in-Law is a Sweaty Monster

>> Wednesday, December 01, 2010

You all remember my brother-in-law Matt, right? We've done a number of duathlons as a relay named "Team Happy Pants." Here we are all sweaty and nasty after the Oakdale Du this past spring:



(Side note: I'm happy to report we're already signed up for the Oakdale Du in 2011!)

Matt has a bike in our basement. He does trainer rides quite frequently with Pharmie (his sister and my wife). Here's the 3 of us on our trainers last winter:



OK, fast forward to this week. On Monday night, Pharmie and Matt had a "trainer date." When I got home from class, they were working hard in the basement. Last night (Tuesday), I figured I should hit the trainer for a bit. So I moved Matt's bike a little to make room for mine. What did I find when I moved his "riser block" out of the way? This:



It had been 24 hours, and there was still a pool of Matt's body sweat under his block! It was practically suctioned to the floor by all the sweat that was under it.

Gross.

(Oh, and it's "double gross" if you happen to notice the dried remnants of the cat barf on the right side of that picture. Kermit tends to overeat and then puke it all up on our bike mat. Yep. Double gross.)

5 comments:

Foges 9:17 AM, December 01, 2010  

a family that spins together stays together.

Sun Runner 9:32 AM, December 01, 2010  

My barfy cat likes to do his barfing in my basement as well. I prefer cleaning the concrete floor in the basement to cleaning cat barf off my grandparents' antique Persian rug, which is his other spot of choice. Yuck.

Matt 11:52 AM, December 01, 2010  

I can't imagine how this will help your "Find Matt a Lover" quest.

Laurie 9:03 PM, December 01, 2010  

My basement floor looks exactly like yours -- trainer risers and cat barf! I was on the trainer this mornign and noticed a giant pile of cat puke next to my front wheel. And when I moved the block there was a freakin' worm under it. A worm. I think I should just move.

Iron Girl Nyhus 8:43 AM, December 02, 2010  

DOUBE gross, but triple funny!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.