39 Weeks Pregnant and Running the Grand Old Day 5K!

>> Monday, June 06, 2011

My cute wife Pharmie and her running buddy Abbe met yesterday to "race" the Grand Old Day 5K. I made them matching signs for their backs:




Pharmie and Abbe pre-race


Just before the start


GO!!






Talking and laughing under a mile into the race




Crossing the Ayd Mill bridge



I let them head up to the turn-around themselves as I stopped to cheer on other runners just past the 1 mile mark (also the 2 mile mark on the way back). Here's a ton of runners and some food tents being set up before "Grand Old Day" really got going:




Running back towards Snelling - less than a mile!


Nearing the finish


Less than a block to go! (You can tell by the wave
and the smiles that they were really shooting for PRs...)


Heading to the finish with Micah and Gus (Abbe's hubby
and pug) taking a photo on the far right

Congrats Pharmie and Abbe!! Hope you both "left a little in the tank" for labor! ;)

Unrelated reminder: if you didn't see my post from Saturday, make sure to scroll down and enter the giveaway! Thanks!

16 comments:

Steph 6:47 AM, June 06, 2011  

So awesome!! They rock!!!

Laurie 6:50 AM, June 06, 2011  

I've been putting off squeezing out a kid in part because I don't want to spend 9 months not running/racing. A shoutout to Pharmie for showing that baking a baby doesn't mean you have to be a lump on the couch!

kristen 6:57 AM, June 06, 2011  

I love it! Congrats to both of you!

Christi 8:00 AM, June 06, 2011  

I love the signs you made! Those are awesome!

Congrats ladies!

SteveQ 10:21 AM, June 06, 2011  

So did they hit the beer tents there later in the day, too?

Unknown 1:15 PM, June 06, 2011  

Thats so great!! Its really nice to see 2 beautiful pregnant woman still running. thanks for posting this and showing people it can be done!!

TriEric 3:27 PM, June 06, 2011  

Whew....I was worried you were going to show delivery pictures right on the race course.

It's great seeing some fit women running through their pregnancy.

Anonymous,  8:16 PM, June 06, 2011  

Pure awesomeness!!

Anna

Richelle 8:20 PM, June 06, 2011  

I love seeing the crowd reactions in the photos! Great job Pharmie and Abbe!

Greg 10:31 PM, June 06, 2011  

Kids Name-- Miles???

Carla @ I Run, You Run 11:02 PM, June 06, 2011  

This post would have been so much better if they had gone into labor while crossing the finish line!

But Hollywood ending or not, they both kicked some ass and are my heroes -- that's how I want to be like when I'm pregnant!

Alisa 10:20 AM, June 07, 2011  

LOVE this post!

So cute with their signs.

SixTwoThree 8:34 PM, June 07, 2011  

For a second, a split second, I thought "Micah" and "Gus" were the new baby names - LOL!

Jamie 8:42 AM, June 10, 2011  

Getting passed by a woman is "getting chicked."
Getting passed by a blind athlete is "getting blinked."

But what about getting passed by a pregnant woman? Or two?

Getting prego'd?
Getting babied?
Getting pregnated?
Getting birthed?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.