Official Photos from the Apple Duathlon

>> Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Or, "How NOT to Dismount Your Bike."

Ten days ago was the Apple Duathlon. (Click here for my race report.) I went through the photos from Minnefota Moments and found some of Matt and I at work:


My wave starting (I'm next to the guy in white)


Matt starting in his wave 3 minutes later


Running in 2nd in my wave, soon to be passed by the guy behind me


Matt in the first run


I took a wrong turn in T1 and had to loop back around


Matt heading through transition


Matt on the 20.5 mile bike

Allow my friend Chad to show you how to dismount and head into T2. These 2 photos show him out of his bike shoes all ready to hop off his bike and smoothly run into transition:


Throwing a leg over...


... and running in.

Now allow me to show you how NOT to dismount and head into T2. If at any point during a triathlon or duathlon you look like this, you're doing something wrong:


I look so dainty. Super.

And here are a few from the finish:


About a block to go


Final kick


Awkward stride across the line while hitting my watch


Matt hitting the line

If baby doesn't make an appearance in the next couple of days, I'll be racing the Liberty Triathlon on Saturday! So it will either be a "race weekend" or a "get to meet our baby weekend!"

5 comments:

Sara Cox Landolt 8:38 AM, June 07, 2011  

Dainty yes, but you are standing, surely a positive considering the dangers of flying T2 dismounts!
Fun collection of race photos, I was hoping for the pirate leg finish. Excited for your upcoming baby-athon!

Bill Nevala,  11:28 AM, June 07, 2011  

Hey Steve, What happens if you are out on your bike at Liberty and the baby comes? Are you going to change course and bike there? :)

LB 11:30 AM, June 07, 2011  

im sure my dismounts are even daintier!

how exciting...cant believe the baby will be here so soon!!!

Jessie 1:16 PM, June 07, 2011  

Those shorts are wild!

Pedal Pushing Patons 3:48 PM, June 07, 2011  

I also love how your glasses are all crooked as you are dismounting the bike. Picture perfect!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.