Yearly Late November Ride

>> Saturday, November 27, 2021

Eight weeks ago was the last time I was outside on my bike: it was an easy 2 mile ride with my boys to go cheer on my wife at her 21st TC Marathon. (My last "real" ride was over 10 weeks ago.)

But I got suited up on Thursday to head out into the windy 18-degree morning:


Red "winter running" socks with trail running socks over them.


Three tops: sliver gray lines, then the thick black one, then the REALLY thick brown one.


A turtle fur over my hat, and a fourth layer on my upper body.

I also had 4 layers over my crotch: wind-proof briefs (a STAPLE for winter running), tights, bike shorts, and thicker tights.

It was Thanksgiving morning, and I thought it was appropriate that I came across 14 turkeys:




A selfie with Jamey and Spider-Man.

Here's the text I posted along with those last 2 photos:

This morning was our yearly ride that we wish we didn’t have to do. Spider-Man was with us as always. We shared old college memories lamenting that those years were half our life ago. We were never best friends, but I’m thankful for getting to be a goofball in college with Aaron. #RIPBigPurm #SevenYears

We ride with Spider-Man because Aaron admitted to being the superhero in his obituary.

Seven years ago, I hosted a 24-hour relay fundraiser for Aaron's family, and every year Jamey gets a few of us together to ride in Aaron's honor (here are photos from 2015, 2018, 2019, and 2020 - I missed 2 years in there, but have hit 5 out of 7).

We did a little 8 mile loop before Jamey took off for home:



Hope you are watching your family grow with a smile, Aaron. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.