Three Big Bike Days

>> Wednesday, May 10, 2023

After my semester ended last week Tuesday, I biked the boys to and from school on Thursday and Friday last week. And I had a 31 mile ride on top of that on Thursday, and then a 95 min trainer ride on Saturday. So I hit 5 hours of saddle time over 3 days last week:



Thurs morning, the boys and I biked to school.

After biking back home on my "commuter" bike, I headed out on my "tri" bike: my 31+ mile ride on Thursday was 3x5 mile intervals. I took off on my ride thinking I was going to "just ride," but soon thought I need to do something harder. I rode down Cleveland to the river for my first 5 miles. Then along the river, across the 35E bridge, and up Big River's Trail for the 2nd 5 miles. And then down Big River's for the 3rd 5 miles. Then I had a long "cool down" home including a climb up Ramsey. Here's what I did:

FIRST INTERVAL:
- 13:47, 21.8 mph (21.4 mph halfway)
- 3:00 easy

SECOND INTERVAL:
- 14:34, 20.6 mph (21.6 mph halfway then uphill on Big Rivers to end)
- 3:13 easy

THIRD INTERVAL:
- 13:44, 21.8 mph (19.7 mph halfway before turning down Big Rivers)

- 13 more miles home, including a 1:26 climb up Ramsey Hill (9.3 mph for 0.22 miles)

- 20.8 mph overall average after the intervals, 20.0 mph average once up Ramsey (24 miles in), 19.7 mph ave at home at the end.

Friday I biked with the boys again in the morning and afternoon.

And then on Saturday, I hit the trainer (just because of how the timing of the day ended up). I did a simple 7x5 min interval workout as shown by my heart rate here:



I had a 4-day stretch last May where I NEARLY hit 5 hours of saddle time which was helped by biking to school like I did this past week, but last week I hit just OVER 5 hours in THREE days. Nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.