Bike Failure

>> Monday, May 29, 2023

My ride on Thursday was cut a little short. That evening, I posted this on social media:

The guy at the bike shop said “Hello! What brings you in toda...HOOOOOOLY COW!!!” I made it up Ramsey Hill, and then I violently skidded to a stop 2 blocks later as my derailleur broke off into my spokes. A woman who witnessed it said she didn’t know how I stayed upright. Big thanks to Nate (and Rachel) for getting me home with my busted bike!

And then I shared this photo:


Dang.

The bike shop still doesn't have a lead on a hanger bracket. They said this is kind of a backwards bracket, and even though they tried talked to Blue (my bike brand) on Thurs or Fri, they won't be able to find someone to chat about until Wednesday (becasue of the holiday weekend). And it screwed up my derailleur as well, so I'll need to spend some money. Hopefully they can track down a bracket so I can be biking again soon!

Off to the races today! Check back for a race report soon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.