Team Standings for the TC 10 Mile

>> Monday, November 08, 2021

The Twin Cities 10 Mile is a USATF team race. I run on the YWCA of Minneapolis team, and we never do well - we know that. We're a VERY small team, and we had just 3 guys running which was just enough to make a team (I think any race over a 15K needs 3 people to score, whereas shorter races need at least 5 to score).

Our men's team was 9th out of 9. I had the slowest time for any team's fastest runner: I ran 1:02:00, and only 1 other team had a fastest runner slower than 1:00:00. The top 3 teams had all 3 scoring runners running sub-55!!!

The funniest part of the team results to me was that not only did we have a small team of 3 that barely scored in the "open" category, but now that I'm 40, all 3 of us on the team scored in the "40+" category too! And we did a bit better there, finishing 6th out of 7:


1st - 3rd were close, then 4th and 5th weren't far apart,
and then we were back with 7th just barely ahead of them!

You can see Tom and I in opposite corners of our pre-race team photo:


Some of my YWCA Endurance Sports running team before the start!
(Not all of these people are "officially" on our USATF team.)


And here's Michael hitting the finish line! (When I grow up,
I want to be 72 years old and be able to run a 1:25 10 mile!)

Our team races for fun, and we're just happy when we have enough runners to score! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.