October in Review

>> Saturday, November 13, 2021

I haven't done a "month in review" since early summer. Well, October felt good, so here's a recap:



• SWIM: 5600 yards. Just SOME swimming for the 2nd month in a row (after 18 months off).
• BIKE: 2 miles. Yep. Just 2 miles with the boys to cheer on my wife during the marathon.
• BIKE TRAINER: 12 hrs 29 mins. Another decent month in the saddle (indoors).
• RUN: 103.77 miles. Biggest month all year! (But there's an asterisk coming...)
• STRENGTH: 33 hrs 4 mins. Again, solid.

The asterisk about my running total is that I had my biggest running week in a LONG time at the end of October, but that was because I had to move my weekly long run up by 1 day (normally Monday, but bumped to Sunday). So not only was it "counted" on the previous week (as my weeks run Monday through Sunday as you can see in my calendar above), but it also landed as the last day of the month. So REALLY, October was shaping up to be more like just a decent 92 miles, but I eeked in another 11 mile run.

Besides that big training week to end the month, I also had these highlights:

- Having a decent TC 10 Mile race early in the month.

- Taking it easy but then getting SAFELY back to running after easing back for a week or so post-race.

- Throwing down some FANTASTIC long runs even though a half-marathon that I wanted to do wasn't going to work.

- Having a few rest days show up on the calendar on the 21st-23rd as we were hitting our FINAL Minnesota State Parks!

- And doing a little speed work to end the month after a summer really lacking in intervals.

I'm truly happy about most everything here! I got in a long distance race and it didn't injure me. I'm getting in some solid miles, and I'm working speed work back into the routine. I'm so happy to see these numbers and to be feeling good!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.