Good Long Run!

>> Monday, September 14, 2020

On Monday, I left for about a 9.5 mile run. I didn't feel great from the start, and I wondered if it was from my long ride the day before. But I just stuck with it.

The plan was to warm-up for a mile, "build" for a mile, and then hit about 5 miles "at pace" before a cool-down. The "build" didn't feel great, and that was just under a 7:00 mile. Yikes. But soon I was feeling good during my "pace" miles, with my first 3 being 6:45, 6:25, and 6:24. At that point, I told myself I could do an extra half mile at pace. My last 2.5 miles at pace were 6:24, 6:21, and 3:09 for a half mile. And I felt decent!

So that was 5.5 miles in 35:34 (6:28/mile pace).

After a 2+ mile cool-down, I had covered 9.7 miles in 1:06:28.


My "go to" route all COVID has been straight south and back. For these longer
runs, I add on other streets to the east and back. Boring, but few other people.

Also note: it was 52 degrees, and that felt great. I KNOW if it had been 10-20 degrees warmer, it would have been a lot more difficult run. The weather only helped.

I'll have some news soon on an UNOFFICIAL RACE that I'm putting together with my YWCA Endurance Sports team. Everyone's invited. In my 2019 "year in review" post, I was still figuring out what was wrong with my foot, and I said I had one obvious goal: "Fix this foot and start running again. If I can get in an actual race in 2020, that'd be icing on the cake!" Well, I'm TRILLED that I've had back-to-back weeks of 20+ miles of running!! And I'm looking forward to a (unofficial because of COVID-19) 10 mile race! More on that soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.