Indoor Tri Tomorrow!

>> Saturday, February 17, 2018

Well, I'm feeling pretty OK about tomorrow's race. I usually start to question how ready I am before a race, and I kinda feel like that right now, but then I know that I usually perform how I thought I would, so I'm just feeling "neutral."

My biggest concern is lack of speed. I've been putting in nice workouts all winter, but very little speed work. I noted in this post earlier this week that I started last week with sprints in the pool and on the bike. But I've HARDLY done any hard running. I only did a little speed work on the track nearly 3 weeks ago. I never posted about it here, but I tweeted this:


(I didn't have the heart to tell the YMCA that I go to a YWCA.)

Over those 20 minutes of 1 min hard / 1 min easy, I covered JUST SHY of 20 laps on our 6-laps-to-a-mile track, so that was about 3.3 miles. (I started by covering just over 2 laps in 2 minutes, and I slowly slowed up to just under 2 laps in 2 minutes.) And that was my only fast running in 2018 so far: my last fartlek workout on the track was Dec 31 of last year.

So my only issue in my mind right now is wondering how much those final 2 miles on the track at the end of the race tomorrow will hurt. And if I'll be ready for that hurt. But I know I'm just in it for a hard speed workout tomorrow! I know I'll need to keep one main thought OUT of my head: "Oh, I can ease up on the bike because spinning so fast like this is so strange and not like actual biking. If I ease up a little here, my legs will feel fresher for the 2 mile run, and I can post a faster run split." NO. I want to go hard for the entire 500 yard swim, 10 "mile" bike, and 2 mile run.

(Here were my race predictions from 11 days ago.)

Back with a race report soon!!! Here's to the first race of 2018 tomorrow!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.